Monday, August 13, 2007

Dyson and climate change

Freeman Dyson has a piece at Edge:

My first heresy says that all the fuss about global warming is grossly exaggerated. Here I am opposing the holy brotherhood of climate model experts and the crowd of deluded citizens who believe the numbers predicted by the computer models. Of course, they say, I have no degree in meteorology and I am therefore not qualified to speak. But I have studied the climate models and I know what they can do. The models solve the equations of fluid dynamics, and they do a very good job of describing the fluid motions of the atmosphere and the oceans. They do a very poor job of describing the clouds, the dust, the chemistry and the biology of fields and farms and forests. They do not begin to describe the real world that we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've given up being a Global Warming Sceptic. I'm now a Global Warming Cynic. They lie and cheat. It's because they know they're on shaky ground that they are determined not to let people outside the coterie scrutinise their methods.